Not Your Daddy’s Greyhound
Did You Know?
- Each full motorcoach has the potential to take 55 cars off the road
- Motorcoaches have the smallest carbon footprint of any mode of transportation for people traveling alone or with a companion
- Today’s coaches emit the least carbon dioxide (CO2) per passenger mile when compared to other vehicles
- Coaches are on average 6 times more energy and fuel-efficient than single occupancy automobiles
- Switching to motorcoach travel for the 12,500 miles traveled annually by the average automobile would reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 4.3 tons per automobile annually
- Motorcoaches provide 240-passenger miles per gallon of fuel; in contrast, single-occupant vehicles achieve 28-passenger MPG; transit buses achieve 70-passenger MPG, airlines achieve 55-passenger MPG, and commuter rail achieves 90-passenger MPG
- As coaches fill up, their per-passenger emissions drop even further
(All motorcoach statistics cited were derived from complete studies found on buses.org)
Single passenger vehicles caused 60% of U.S. carbon emissions over the last 20 years
A Breath of Fresh Air
Our newest motorcoach models can run on either Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel or a Bio-Diesel blend. This technology lowers particulate matter (commonly known as ‘black smoke’) by 90 percent. As a result, the air coming out of the tailpipe is cleaner than the air going into the engine, in most cities.
Contact a friendly agent to help you plan a sustainable transportation solution for your group today.